100 Top Military Wife Blogs

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Driving in Japan

I took my driver's class to earn my Japanese Driver's License. I learned some differences about driving in Japan:
- Narrow roads
- Slower speed limits
- No shoulders
- Deep ditches
- Concrete poles along the roadways
- Minimal signage (and all in Japanese of course!)
- No street lights
- Drive on the left side of the road
The last is the biggest difference as I now do everything opposite even turn my head the opposite way as I back up and use my right hand to put the blinker on.  Josh has had my start driving on base first and I only one time went into the right lane.  Watch out Japan, here I come!
Japanese language on the signage.  This sign is on base.  Off base there is no English translation

Top is a stop sign.  This one is strange to me as it looks like a yield.  Good thing it is red.

No comments:

Post a Comment