100 Top Military Wife Blogs

Monday, June 20, 2016

From Nellis to SLC, awaiting Misawa

I find myself in a unique time while I wait to join Josh in Misawa.  We decided that we wanted to wrap up things in Las Vegas and visit family in Salt Lake before the kids and I flew out.  Bear and Bub needed to finish school, we needed to hold a birthday party for Bub so he could spend the day with good Las Vegas friends, and Bear and Bub had a dance recital that they had been preparing for all year.  It is important to do these things for our closure on this Nellis chapter of our lives.  We were grateful to spend lots of time with family and good friends both in Las Vegas and Salt Lake.

Turner Cousins on Las Vegas get away.  We did not have to go far to attend the party!

Special Great Grandparents- Grandma Marr and Grandpa Earl

Bear Lake get away with family
The hard thing about waiting to join Josh is the disconnect I feel with him and the world that he is currently experiencing.   I do not know how to picture him there as it is foreign to me.  I do not know where I fit as we do not currently live anywhere.  I do not particularly enjoy saying my goodbyes to our precious family and friends on my own.  Saying that, I realize that Josh did not get a change to say goodbye to most people as he left straight from Las Vegas.  So, I have decided that most of these things are out of my control and all I can do is enjoy my kids, enjoy our family, and enjoy our friends.  This is a unique and precious time.

No comments:

Post a Comment