100 Top Military Wife Blogs

Monday, April 21, 2014

Nellis Manor Ward

Today we went to our new ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the Nellis Manor Ward.  It is only 15 min away from the base and is comprised of all the members on the Nellis AF base (Nellis has a large LDS population) and a new housing area in North Las Vegas.  It is a very young ward with a young bishop.  There are 4 nurseries and a large primary.  Both of my kids have plenty of children in their primary classes.  The people were very friendly and I found myself wishing for name badges so that I could tell who the military members were.  I just have so many questions about base life and it would be good to get perspective from a church member.  The thing I like about starting in a new ward is that Ward Family becomes very important.  We can move anywhere in the world and we will still have family, a ward family.  How reassuring.  A sister even invited us all over for Easter Dinner.  What a kind way to help us feel involved in this new ward, new area, and new lifestyle.  Thank goodness for the Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment