100 Top Military Wife Blogs

Monday, May 20, 2019

YTT 200 in Misawa

In 2017 I achieved my 1000 hour mark of teaching yoga so I earned the E-RYT (Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance.  I also applied for YACEP (Yoga Continuing Education Provider) so that I can conduct yoga trainings.  I had the opportunity to teach a Yoga Teacher Training 200-hour course here in Misawa.  My friend, Barry Grossman, owns a studio in Hachinohe, 45 min from Misawa.  He asked me to help teach his curriculum to try to pull some students from the base area.  The course began in January and concluded in May.  It has been such a great opportunity to teach others how to be effective teachers.  I cannot believe how much I learned for myself which benefited my own teaching and practice.  It was a time consuming but wonderful experience.  I enjoyed prepping for my sessions and even though my teaching weekends were long, I found them stimulating.  I am constantly grateful for yoga- that it has the ability to meet my physical needs now and can be adapted for all stages of life, that it allows me a creative outlet, that through yoga, I can benefit a community, and that I can find daily peace among the whirlwind of life.  Namaste!
Learning about Pregnancy Yoga

Learning the benefits of Chair Yoga

Enjoying some down time together

Graduation Day

A beautiful memento from my students

No comments:

Post a Comment