100 Top Military Wife Blogs

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Cultural Night Tradition- England 2/22/15

In 2015 I started doing cultural nights for our children. I decided that they were big enough to start eating different foods and learning about different cultures around the world.  We came up with a plan for what we would experience during our evenings: food, music, color the flag, geography, weather, animals, language, architecture, traditional clothing, folk tale/fairy tale, famous people.  I am going to start adding the art from the country as we proceed from now on.  We always joke that we do the best we can with the food. I am not a gourmet and I may not have access to the different spices or seasonings. So, we just make a loose interpretation of the food and cultural aspects based on internet research.  We had a friend over for our most recent cultural night and he was asking us about food that we had chosen for a country that he lived in. I could not remember but I do list things in my journal. I thought it would be a good idea to catalog our home journeys here so that I could post links and pictures in case anyone ever wanted to remember our experience.  So, forgive me for a bit while I take a walk down memory lane.

England
Date: 2/22/15
Food: Fish and Chips, herbal tea, bread pudding
Music: The Beatles
Flag and Geography: https://www.crayola.com/free-coloring-pages/print/england-coloring-page/
Weather or Landscape: The English country side, the moors
Language: Popular phrases like "lou", "bobbies", etc.
Architecture: Big Ben, the London Tower, Buckingham palace
Traditional clothing:

Folk tale/fairy tale: "The Three Sillies"
Famous People: The royal family

No comments:

Post a Comment