100 Top Military Wife Blogs

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Outing Mom

I have learned over the years that I am a better mom when I have a plan for an outing.  I feel like I pay better attention to my children if we leave the house.  When they were younger, I would find that if we were playing at home, I would be very distracted by my household chores.  Of course those things have to be done and I would do them, but every day I would pick someplace to go with my kids. Bear got so used to this that she would ask me at night, "Where are we going tomorrow?"

Sometimes I wish I could be different.  I wish that I was more able to go with the flow and that I did not always need a plan. I like to explore my surroundings and see new things.  I also feel that this is a problem too.  My kids, due to our lifestyle in the military, have lost the familiar.  Familiar is comforting, it is safe, it creates memory.We don't have the places that we return to year after year. Instead we seek out adventures whenever the kids are out of school.  This is why my kids often ask me, do we have to take another picture?  Yes, yes we do because we may not ever return to this place and we want to have a way to remember.

Tanesashi Beach Exploration
We started our adventure at the Kabushima Shrine.  During parts of the year, this shrine is the nesting ground for black tailed gulls.  So many that you should have an umbrella.  It was under construction so we could only view it from the hill.

We hiked on the Michinoku coastal trail.  

Beautiful views all along the way!

The trail takes us through the beach and to a fishing pier- see below

Read the inscription on the boat


The trail ends at the Tanesashi beach green grassy area


At some times of the year, this rocky beach is filled with tide pools


Lots of big waves today but that did not stop us from getting in the water!

Oma- Northern most tip of Honshu Island
Oma is known for fishing tuna and sea urchin.  They use the hand line fishing as this statue shows.



We are waiting for our grilled tuna on a stick.  It was so tasty!  We also saw tons of octopus ready for sale.  Bear and Bub like octopus.  

This statue is place on the Northern most tip of Honshu Island

No comments:

Post a Comment