100 Top Military Wife Blogs

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Cultural Night Tradition- Greece

GREECE


Guests: Perich Family, Rich Allred

Food: Homemade Eggplant Hummus with veggies, Tzatziki with pitas, Greek Penne and Chicken, Easy Baklava, allrecipes.com

Music: Greek- Greece Holiday on iTunes. I always love the music as we eat our meal.  It helps me to visualize being there.

Language Practice: loecsen.com/en/learn-greek We were not very good at this complicated language.  It did not come naturally to our tongues

Architecture: We talked about ancient Greece and Athens and looked up images of the Parthenon and Greek theaters.  We found the many carved columns to be interesting.

Folk Tale- Bear told us the story of Phaethon from Rick Roidan's Greek Heroes book.  Bear is very interested in Greek Mythology so we also looked for images of the Greek gods and Goddesses.  She educated us about each of them.  Here was our favorite image:

Art- We enjoyed looking at the Greek pottery with the stories of the Gods and demi-gods displayed.  Bub liked the monsters from Greek mythology.

Famous People: Jennifer Aniston and John Stamos and also Plato, Socrates, Aristotle, and others:
Traditional clothing:

My favorite thing to look at were the beaches and coastline in Greece.  In twenty years if you want me, I will be accepting visitors in the chair next to me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi The LDS Airforce Wife Team,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog The LDS Airforce Wife has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 100 Military Wife Blogs on the web.

    http://blog.feedspot.com/military_wife_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 100 Military Wife Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete