100 Top Military Wife Blogs

Saturday, September 17, 2016

New Year, New Duties

This year Pants started Kindergarten.  I have entered the realm of kids gone all day.  I do not believe this gives me any more time in my day. It just allows me to spread my time out differently and take on other responsibilities that I was not willing to do when she was still at home with me.  For instance, I have agreed to be the Key Spouse for Josh's squadron, MDOS. I am the go between from the commander and the spouses.  The military members sometimes get tunnel vision into the mission and I am the link to let everyone at home know what is going on. I will make sure needs are being met to the spouses if an issue arises. I feel it is a lot like visiting teaching among the military.  It means a lot of meetings for me though.  I meet with the commanders spouses and other Key Spouses in the Med Group, I meet with the commander of MDOS, and I attend other meetings that need a link like the Officers Spouses Club.

I am also looking at making myself a home based business for private yoga sessions.  Since Misawa Air Base is in a foreign country, the ability to work off base is difficult.  I do teach four yoga classes on base but this is half of what I taught in Las Vegas as I was able to work off base as well.  I am in the process of applying and obtaining signatures from organizations on base to approve my business, "Yoga Traveler."  In short, I am home alone but I am still never alone and I am just as busy as before.  This time I just do not have a little pal along my side. I keep waiting to be able to slow down and notice that I have no kids around.
One last wave at mom


No comments:

Post a Comment