100 Top Military Wife Blogs

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Not my turn, but his

As I look back on our marriage, I see a lot of times that Josh has supported me.  He spent many hours waiting for me while I had rehearsals for multiple community theater productions, he acted as my third counselor during my three stints as Primary President, and he doubled as Mr. Mom while I did my 200 hour yoga training, and so many more instances.  This is what we promise when we say that we will love and support each other for all eternity.  It is my turn now to support him.  I am convinced that this move has been for him.  Once again on Sunday, it was proven to me that the Lord has some sort of plan for Josh.  He was given the job of Executive Secretary after the Bishop picked him out of the Sacrament Meeting audience on our first week in the new ward.  Inspiration works in mysterious ways.  Every time I feel sorry for myself that I have left behind a calling I loved, teaching yoga and ballet that I loved, friends that I loved, an elementary school that I loved, and a neighborhood and home that I loved, I just look at the man that I love.  I do not say this to prove that I am some sort of saint.  Anyone who knows Josh and me will say that he is the saint.  I just say this to remind myself of my priorities.  I have had plenty of turns to be supported during our 13 years. I am grateful that Josh works so hard to take care of us and that he is now able to have some happiness in his life again.  I will strive to remember this as I am searching all of Las Vegas for Yoga, friends, and meaningful activities to fill my kids’ days.
Josh is my hero, he is my Cap.

8 comments:

  1. I know that the very things you desire will come to you as you support him in this. That is what makes a good marriage. You are very wise, and very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! You always have such great faith and insight. I will remember that as I find myself lost in Las Vegas.

      Delete
  2. This is how I'm feeling at this time. It's my turn to support my husband now that he has a job he loves at a place he loves. As long as you are with your family, you're home, and it may take some time, but everything will work out... eventually. :) I hope you guys had fun art Floyd Lamb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that Cy loves his job! You all deserve that. How are you feeling? Are you still working at reams? We miss Reams being across the street from us. Yes, we loved Floyd Lamb. We will go back again I am sure!

      Delete
  3. We should talk. I can ask around to see who knows about Yoga places. I'm sure some of my friends will know what's going on. Have you checked out the Container Park downtown with your kids? It's good fun. It has a 3 story slide, a preying mantis out front that shoots fire, and some other cool things. Unfortunately, I know Henderson much better. If you want to drive, there is lots to do in Henderson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey John! Yes, we should talk. I know that you love Henderson and you told me that things would be far away from the base. I do not love this extreme Northern corner. We are figuring it out! For now we are still committed to living on base. I am just slowly venturing out between the kids school schedules and the initial meetings that Josh and I have here. I did join the YMCA because I can go to all four locations and they have day care for the kids while I am there. Things will happen, I am just not very patient. I went from teaching 10 classes a week to none and I just miss it! Oh well! I have not been to Henderson yet but today we went to Summerlin. We are slowly exploring!

      Delete
  4. That's totally me and Caleb right about now! We just moved to Wisconsin so Caleb could be a weatherman. I can thankfully do some of my old job remotely, but it's still a new experience out here. Thanks for writing about how you feel and how you feel better about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I did not know you guys had moved! Good luck to you and Caleb. I hope you find your places, each of you!

    ReplyDelete