100 Top Military Wife Blogs

Monday, December 10, 2018

Half Way to Dead Birthday Party

I turned 40 this year and instead of feeling that I needed to shy away from my age, I wanted to celebrate it.  About half way though my 30's, I realized that they were way better than my 20's.  I was done having babies, I felt comfortable in my skin, I had found yoga, I had more money to travel and spend on others, and I stopped caring so much about what people thought of me.  I hope that this will all multiply in my 40's.  I also wanted to have a big, DEAD, party and 40 is a good excuse for a party.  I love the macabre so I called my party, "Half Way to Dead."  I do not feel that I am half way to dead, I just love vampires, zombies, day of the dead, Nightmare Before Christmas, etc.  Again, an excuse to have what a want at my party! 
Dia de los Muertos James Bond and Jack Skellington
I am born in December, a hard month to celebrate.  I decided to have my party in November before people are sick of parties.  I rented the Officers Club on base and served a variety of finger foods.  We decorated the room with "dead" decorations and I invited attendees to dress up to match the theme.  
Dan and Elspeth Allen
Kirsten and David Trefflich
Asuka the Zombie in a Kimono


Maybelle and Carl Martin

Brian and Sharon Smith

Stefani and Ron Steeleman

Angella and Eric Parkinson

Julee and Matt Nielson

Emily Graze and me
These party crashers were not supposed to come to the party.  They wined so much about being left behind that I finally relented.  They were the only kids at the party and Bub at least, was bored to literal tears at one point in the night.  


Bob and Stacy were visiting us in Japan so it was fun to have them at my party
 We had a DJ playing hits from my 40 years of life.  It was like a blast from the past and some brave souls decided to join me on the dance floor.




Mary Kay Rachel gets into it!

We all enjoyed my tombstone cake.  I enjoyed the walking dead of Misawa coming out to celebrate my birthday!




2 comments:

  1. Why do you live in Japan?! I would have died to go to this! Miss you friend. Also, I don't really use Marco Polo and I just watched you're video from Halloween, I wish I would have seen it and showed off our costumes. You all looked fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wish that you could have been here! I needed you, Robin, and Heather. You all understand my humor. I am sorry that I bugged you on Marco Polo. We have been using that app because it is a good way for us to send messages to family in Utah while they are asleep! Sometimes it is hard to match up the time difference, especially when the kids are in school. Thanks for your comments, always great to hear from you!!!

      Delete